What to expect on moving day
Moving can be one of the most stressful things you will experience but the McGimpsey team are on hand to make this a stress-free experience, so here is what to expect:
- On the day of your move, you will receive a text or phone call from your removal crew when they are on their way. On arrival, the Crew Leader will introduce himself and the rest of the crew and discuss the move plan for the day.
- Whilst your Crew Leader completes their walk around with you, the porter will place carpet protector and banister covers in your home.
- Your crew will complete all packing and loading required for your move and will ensure you are happy with the collection.
- On arrival at your new address, the crew will again place carpet protectors and banister covers into your home and will unload your consignment into your desired room and unpack as required.
- Any specialist or flat pack furniture that you would like re-built will need to have our handyman on site so please be sure to advise your consultant prior to move day to organise this.
- Once everything has been unpacked, your crew leader will complete a final walkaround with you, to ensure you are happy with where everything has been positioned/unpacked.
- Finally, our crew will leave your new home allowing you time to relax, put the kettle on and find your feet in your new surroundings.
After your move
- Your personal move consultant will complete an online review of your McGimpsey Moving Experience and we would love to hear how we performed. If you could spare a few minutes to leave some feedback, it would be very much appreciated.
- If you have any unused packing materials or cartons in good condition, feel free to drop these to our HQ so we can re-use your "pre-loved" cartons in line with our ISO14001 Environmental Policy.
- Recommend the McGimpsey moving experience to your friends and family.