HGV Class 2 Driver
Due to expansion and new business wins, we are searching for ambitious, reliable and responsible recruits to join us and build your career with our team of moving professionals.
- Job No
- £11 per hour plus regular overtime paid at time and a half. Earn up to £50k per annum.
- Permanent - Full time
- Closing Date
- 23 July 2022
McGimpsey’s is a family run business that has been established for over 35 years providing worldwide moving, storage & shipping solutions. We pride ourselves in our high standards of customer service, care, and skillset.
If you are successful in your application, you will be professionally trained for your specific role and this training is continuous throughout your career with us. You will be allocated a specific vehicle in our fleet which are all fitted with state of the art sat navs, telematics systems & CCTV allowing your daily vehicle checks and orders to be completed online. Our fleet is modern, purpose built and we operate an going fleet replacement program.
Our ideal candidate has a can-do attitude, is hardworking and enthusiastic and is willing to learn. They must be able to work as part of a TEAM (both large and small) as this varies depending on specific job requirements.
- Clean Driving License
- Digital Tacho Card
- Up to date CPC
- Aged 25+ (for insurance purposes)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Comply with the Company's non-smoking policy
- £1,200 signing on bonus!
- Weekly Bonus Scheme
- 5 Year Service Recognition/Bonus
- Holiday Pay (average wage) on top of paid annual leave
- Secure parking facilities paid
- Continual Professional Development
- Continuous in-house McGimpsey Academy training
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Free On-Site Parking
- Recommend a friend scheme
- Completing paperwork as required.
- Managing/leading your crew on site.
- Working with a team of Drivers & Porters.
- Specialist packing, moving & storing.
- Loading & unloading into our warehouse & trade partners warehouses.
- Weekly schedules throughout the UK & Ireland.
- Local house removals.
- Working on specialist contracts held by McGimpseys.
- Maintaining good vehicle cleanliness and completing daily vehicle checks.